Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I've Been Tagged!!

I've been tagged by my friend from high school Rachel at "The World According to Reese" to do my first meme! How exciting! The Rules: Write a blog entry with 10 weird, random, facts, habits or goals about yourself. Most of my other friends with blogs have already been tagged so I will tag Rick from "PBJ" and Amanda from "Blogstretch" and if anyone else reads this and wants to participate, I tag you too!

Here we go...

1) I get an insane amount of pleasure out of opening a toothbrush wrapper. I'm not quite sure why but the sound and sensation of pulling the perforated section sends me into giggles and I get the biggest smile on my face. My very sweet husband always saves his new toothbrush for me to open!

2) I can't stand for my food to touch on my plate. I make sure that each food on my plate is in a different pile and that it doesn't touch anything else. If things start to mesh together, I won't eat it. This makes things very annoying on Thanksgiving because there is too much food to put on my plate. Plates with divided sections are the best invention ever made!

3) I am afraid of A LOT of things. Mostly I am terrified of ghosts (I won't sleep anywhere that is more than a few years old), sharks (even though I grew up at the beach I haven't been in the ocean in close to 8 years) and spiders (I was once bitten by a brown recluse spider which left a cigarette-burn-size hole in my leg and now even the sight of a daddy longlegs sends me into a panic).

4) I have a very good memory. Its not photographic but I can definitely remember things and details that most people can't. For example, I am only 13 months older than my sister and I distinctly remember the day that she was born!

5) I have a list a mile long of things that I still want to be "when I grow up". Here are a few: a wedding planner, a college professor, a children's book author, and a restaurant owner/chef...

6) When I die I will have only kissed one person in my whole life. That's right. I married my first boyfriend who also happened to be my first kiss. Thats what happens when you meet the love of your life at 15 ;)

7) Twice I have grown out and donated my hair to "Locks for Love" and I am growing it out again. It takes a little less than 2 years to grow it out.

8) My maiden name is Vick and my descendants invented Vicks Vapor Rub. Also, Vicksburg, Mississippi is named after my family :)

9) I can gleek farther and more accurately than anyone you know. I call it my "one special talent"! If you don't know what gleeking is, check it out on wikipedia

10) I organize a mom's group in Chicago called "Lincoln Park Moms". We have almost 100 members!!!

0 comments: