Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Apparently He Potty-trained Himself!!

We bought Jack a potty several months ago and it has been sitting around since then. He actually uses it as a step stool in the bathroom to wash his hands but he knows that it is where you go "pee-pee" and sometimes he points to it and it says "Pee pee, Pee pee." We intended to start full-on potty training next month but it seems that Jack became impatient and went ahead and did it himself.

Last night while I (Mommy) was making dinner, Jack was running back and forth between the kitchen and living room. He helped me unload the dishwasher and brought me his Lightning McQueen and Mater cars and then I heard him push some toy into the living room. He was very quiet for a few minutes so from the kitchen I asked, "Jack what are you doing?" He replied, "I pee pee!"

I walked into the living room and this is what I found...He had pushed his potty from the bathroom into the living room in front to the television. He then proceeded to take off his pants and diaper and sat down. I thought this was so cute so I quickly grabbed the camera. He kept saying "I pee pee, I pee pee" and it finally dawned on me that he may have actually gone pee pee.

I told him to stand up and I saw the inside of the potty was wet!!!
As you'll see in the above pictures (and as I quickly realized) he had taken the bowl out of the potty and left it in the bathroom so when he went pee pee, he actually peed straight through the potty onto the carpet!!!!

He was so proud of himself and I jumped up and down with him and praised him. As I bent down to hug him, he patted ME on the back and said "I did it!" Man oh man, do I love this little man.

0 comments: