Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Few Antecdotes

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to accompany these stories, but I think they will do just fine on their own!

Jack has developed quite a precocious personality and it has gotten him into a bit of trouble the past few days. Jack seems fascinated with my makeup and the other evening when I was getting ready to meet Daddy for dinner, Jack snagged an eyeshadow from the bathroom. I hadn't realized it until he came back into the bedroom with gold eyeshadow all over his lips. Apparently he tried to eat the eyeshadow and ended up with sparkly golden lips! Along the same lines, this morning he took a bottle of nail polish base and managed to get it open and in his mouth. He immediately started blowing raspberries to get the yucky chemical taste off his tongue. Maybe he learned his lesson!

Jack is OBSESSED with pens and markers, both of which he is rarely allowed to play with. Every once in a while, he finds one laying around that we forgot to move out of his reach and then its a mad dash to grab it from him before he does any damage, usually resulting in a humongous cry fest. Well one day Daddy didn't see Jack grab a permanent green Sharpie from the office and before Daddy knew it, Jack had used the nice hard wood floors as his paper!

We saved the best for last--this is a story that we will tell our grandkids! So....yesterday Jack and I dropped Daddy off at work and then headed to the Old Town School of Folk Music for Jack's Spanish Wiggleworms class (basically a music class taught in Spanish). I parked the car then turned around to put Jack's shoes back on (he likes to take his socks and shoes off in the car and play with his feet). While I was doing this Jack took the keys from my hands and started playing with them. I didn't think anything of it and got out of the car and walked to the other side of the car to get Jack out. As I walked around the car I heard "click" and realized Jack had hit the lock button. Frantically I looked into the car and realized that my door was still unlocked so I bolted to the other side and right as my hand touched the door handle, Jack hit the lock button again and completely locked all the doors! He friggin locked himself in the car!!! And to top it off, my cell phone was still in the car. After trying to persuade him to hit the "unlock" button I finally stopped a woman and her daughter walking by and asked to borrow her cell phone. I called Daddy at work and asked him to come save us. He quickly hopped in a cab with the other key and came to the rescue. Jack was completely fine and didn't even know what was going on. In fact, he was having a blast. The nice woman who stopped and offered her cell phone stayed for a few minutes and we repeatedly tried to get Jack to unlock the car. Instead he giggled, waved and taunted us by re-locking the car. When he eventually dropped the keys he went back to removing his shoes and socks and played with his feet until Daddy arrived. What an adventure!!!

1 comments:

LuLaRoeMeg said...

Okay, that story tops them all. I can't believe he wasn't scared in the car all by himself.